Granny Squares & Stripes Bucket Hat Crochet Pattern
By (designer) Start Crochet
Crochet Bucket hats have become a real trend lately... And Granny Squares are just the hit! So why not crochet a Granny Square Bucket Hat for yourself and add some color to your outfit?
I’m here to show you exactly how to crochet a granny square bucket hat one step at a time.
All you need are 4 colours of yarn, a crochet hook, yarn needle & scissors and you’re good to go! (Material details below)
Let me know if you have any questions and happy hooking!
- Some classic Aran yarn (4 colors of your choice). Any yarn would do really, just make sure it’s not hairy or fuzzy and that they are all similar weight yarns. I used Paintbox Yarns for this crochet bucket hat. (Summer Garden by Kate Eastwood). The colors include:
Blush Pink (353) - Color A
Raspberry Pink (343) - Color B
Ballet Pink (352) - Color C
Lime Green (328) - Color D
- Crochet hook that fits your yarn. Generally For this project I used a US Size 7 / 4.5 mm hook.
- A tapestry needle
- A pair of scissors
- Stitch markers, hair pins or some contrasting snippets of yarn
Advanced Beginner / Intermediate
Approx. 125 yards (114m) for a child’s hat (6 years old)
- Please check Hat Sizing Template included with this pattern for other sizes.
- If you’re making this hat as a gift, you’re welcome to download the FREE printable gift tags included with this pattern :)
The pattern exists in following languages:
- English (US)
After your purchase, you'll have access to download the pattern in all available languages.
The KIT contains:
- Paintbox Yarns Simply Aran Raspberry Pink 243 x1
- Paintbox Yarns Simply Aran Ballet Pink 252 x1
- Paintbox Yarns Simply Aran Lime Green 228 x1
- Paintbox Yarns Simply Aran Blush Pink 253 x1
Based on your location, we'll strive to deliver the exact materials. If that's not possible, we'll provide the closest available substitute with your best interests in mind.