€4.99 - €16.99
Worry Worm Crochet Pattern
By (designer) Start Crochet
Crochet worry worms recently became a real hit on FB Groups worldwide.
You can crochet a few of these cute little worms and package them into small see-through plastic baggies or organza bags. You can attach a little poem tag to them with an uplifting verse that would bring a smile to the receivers' face.
You can give these worry worms to kids who suffer from anxiety, stress or loneliness or you could also simply leave your worry worm packages out & about for random people to find. You could place them anywhere you can think of… in the woods, playground, nursing home, camping area, hospital… wherever.
This type of activity is referred to as a “Random Acts of Crochet Kindness”.
Interesting Note: Did you know that the technique used to crochet curly surfaces is called hyperbolic crochet? When I discovered this was actually a mathematical term for “negative curvature”, I was really intrigued!
Think of the types of curvature you see in coral reefs or lettuce leaves. These organic shapes can be replicated in crochet by adding stitches at a constant rate to each row of crochet.
The more frequently you add stitches, the curlier (and more negatively curved) your crochet project gets.
Now let’s experiment with hyperbolic crochet with our worry worm pattern.
- Approx. 6 m of Aran weight yarn for each Worry Worm (color of your choice). I used Paintbox Yarns for these worry worms. (5 Ball Colour Pack Designer Picks Aran - Summer Garden by Kate Eastwood) - Lime Green (328), Vanilla Cream (307), Raspberry Pink (343), Ballet Pink (352), Blush Pink (353)
- Crochet hook that fits your yarn. Generally I use between a size G/4mm to H/5mm hook. For this project I used a US Size G, 4.5 mm hook.
- A tapestry needle
- A pair of scissors
- Goggly eyes, or black / brown fiber art beads, or a permanent marker
- Plastic or organza baggies
- Printer & A4 paper to print your tags. You could choose to print your tags on card stock to make them more durable.
The pattern exists in following languages:
- English (US)
After your purchase, you'll have access to download the pattern in all available languages.