Robot shape sorter
By (designer) zenknit
The finished toy is approximately 18.5 cm (sitting).
The pattern includes descriptions for crocheting 6 types of shapes and sides of the robot: heart, cube, rectangle, prism, plus, ball. You can choose any 4 and make your own combination. There is a hatch at the bottom of the robot. The hatch closes tightly or you can also make ties of ch as an additional educational element.
Toddlers playing with crochet educational toys will discover many new things, develop fine motor skills and sensory abilities.
PDF file of 45 pages with detailed instructions, over 270 photos, and 22 short supporting videos. ⠀
Basic crochet skills required: magic ring, chain, slip stitch, single crochet, half double crochet, front post single crochet, increase, decrease, back loop only crochet, front loops only crochet.
4-ply yarn* (amounts are approximate**):
- main color (light blue) – 1 skein
- milky color – 1 skein
- orange – 1 skein
- gray (for shapes) – 1 skein
* I used YarnArt Jeans (55% cotton + 45% Acrylic), 174 yards (160m), 1.76 ounces (50 g): Colors: grey (80), milky (03), orange (23), light blue(75). ** However, yarn consumption can increase up to 1.5 times when crocheting with yarn over (YO) way.
- Hook size 2 mm. Use a hook less than the yarn manufacturer’s recommendation.
- Black thread for eyes and mouth embroidery.
- Needle for sewing on details, scissors, thin needle for eyes embroidery, sewing pins. Stitch markers (optional)
- Polyester stuffing.
- Thin cord (rope) or soft tube with a diameter of 4 mm, for the edges on the sides of the robot’s body. The length is about 3-3.5 meters. (For example, I use a tube from an Infusion set, sold in pharmacies, about 3 pieces are needed for a robot). If you are crocheting less tightly or with a different yarn, you may need a different cord diameter.
The pattern exists in following languages:
- English (US)
After your purchase, you'll have access to download the pattern in all available languages.
The KIT contains:
- Yarnart Jeans 80 x1
- Yarnart Jeans 3 x1
- Yarnart Jeans 23 x1
- Yarnart Jeans 75 x1
Based on your location, we'll strive to deliver the exact materials. If that's not possible, we'll provide the closest available substitute with your best interests in mind.